About Our Program
Welcome DMC-WSU Radiology Applicants!
The Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Diagnostic Radiology Residency program provides a wealth of clinical and academic experiences to our trainees. In all our affiliated hospitals, we exceed the required cases per resident for ACGME accreditation in a unique combination of educational and patient care environments.
Comprehensive and Exceptional Education
We provide in-depth exposure and training in the full spectrum of the imaging subspecialties that constitute current radiologic practice. Key parts of our curriculum include:
- Protected time for daily teaching conferences. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the comprehensive lecture curriculum is administered virtually
- Dedicated Physics curriculum for all residents
- First-year residents participate in a weekly Brant & Helms book club presented by subspecialty faculty.
- Third-year residents attend the AIRP (American Institute for Radiologic Pathology)
Excellence in Research
Participation in radiology related research is an essential part of university-based residency training in diagnostic radiology. For this reason, we require all our residents to participate in clinical or basic research with faculty mentors. Highlights include:
- Research lectures incorporated into the didactics curriculum
- Academic time and travel support for conferences
- Publications in mainline journals
We recruit residents from around the country and around the globe, as well as from our hometown affiliate institution, Wayne State University. Detroit is a vibrant community steeped in and enriched by cultural diversity and we pride ourselves in having this reflected in our residents, faculty, and alumni.
Track Record of Success
Our training program has been preparing residents to provide exceptional patient care in any practice setting for over 40 years. We have a very strong track record of success with the American Board of Radiology exams. Nearly all our residents choose to pursue fellowship training upon graduation and our graduates attend their top fellowship choices in the nation.